We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

C# class make it work for VB.NET

In your Data Grid sample code you have a C# class that does exactly what I need. How do I make it work in VB.NET. PLease help. Here is the class: public class DataGridColoredTextBoxColumn : DataGridTextBoxColumn { protected override void Paint(System.Drawing.Graphics g, System.Drawing.Rectangle bounds, System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager source, int rowNum, System.Drawing.Brush backBrush, System.Drawing.Brush foreBrush, bool alignToRight) { // the idea is to conditionally set the foreBrush and/or backbrush // depending upon some crireria on the cell value // Here, we color anything that begins with a letter higher than 'F' try{ object o = this.GetColumnValueAtRow(source, rowNum); if( o!= null) { char c = ((string)o)[0]; if( c > 'F') { // could be as simple as // backBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Pink); // or something fancier... backBrush = new LinearGradientBrush(bounds, Color.FromArgb(255, 200, 200), Color.FromArgb(128, 20, 20), LinearGradientMode.BackwardDiagonal); foreBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.White); } } } catch(Exception ex){ /* empty catch */ } finally{ // make sure the base class gets called to do the drawing with // the possibly changed brushes base.Paint(g, bounds, source, rowNum, backBrush, foreBrush, alignToRight); } } } I can see the abvious: Public Class Somename Inherits Class DataGridTextBoxCOlumn Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Paint(ByVal g as.........,ByVal alighnToRight as Boolean) But I don't understand how to translate object o=this.GetColumnValueRow(Source, Row).. and the rest ...backBrush=new LinearGrid.... MyBase.Paint(g,bounds,source,rowNum,backBrush,foreBrush,alighnToRight) End Sub End Class

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2002 07:44 PM UTC

If this is just a C# to VB conversion problem, here is a site that can convert random C# code into their VB equivalent: http://www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx -Praveen Ramesh

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team July 18, 2002 08:25 PM UTC

Attached is an VB project that does the same as the C# project from the FAQ. The FAQ has been updated to contain the VB code also.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon