We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

side-by-side Y axes

if i add a second y axis and set the layout mode of the y axes to side-by-side, the primary axis appears below the added (secondary) axis.

is there an easy way to reverse that (i.e. to make the primary axis appear on top)?

5 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 27, 2007 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Project.

If your intention is to display the Primary axes at top means, please use Axes location and size properties in the chartcontrol.

The following code which illustrates how to change the Axes location and size in chartControl.

this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.AutoSize = false;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Size = new SizeF(0, (this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Height / 4 - this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Height / 12));
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.LocationType = ChartAxisLocationType.Set;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Location = new PointF(this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.Location.X-30, (this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Bottom -323));

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rashidha.

KY Kamen Yotov June 28, 2007 02:27 PM UTC

this seems to assume that you know how big the chart is... i am looking for a more general switch.

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 29, 2007 01:24 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

I am afraid that this feature is not currently supported by Essential Chart. Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of "Add support to display primary y-axis at top in chartContol" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team.

We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

KY Kamen Yotov July 17, 2007 03:57 AM UTC

It seems that if I remove the axes from the chart and then add them in the order I want them to appear it works fine.

This is a good work-around of the problem, which does not require source code changes on your part. I am including it here just as a benefit of others who might ask this question in the future.

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team July 17, 2007 04:55 AM UTC

Hi Kamen,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that this requirement has been achieved on your side.

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Rashidha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon