We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Timer Crash?

Every once in a while we are seeing the following crash. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MenuGrid.StopPartialMenusTimer() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MenuGrid.TimerTick(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime) I can't even find a reference to MenuGrid much less the timer stuff. Anyone have any idea what is going on here.

2 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 8, 2003 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Chuck, I guess you are running the 1.1 version of .NET Framework. If so, the crash is being caused by a bug in the System.Windows.Forms.Timer class in the 1.1 version of the framework. You can refer to the following link in Microsoft's Windows Forms Newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=.NET+1.1+%2B+Timer+%2B+bug&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=ON%24zg%23RpCHA.2220%40TK2MSFTNGP09&rnum=2. We have a workaround for this issue and I will email you download instructions for the latest version of Essential Suite. Regards, Arun

CC Charles Carlin August 8, 2003 04:13 PM UTC

Yes we are running the 1.1 version of .NET, please send me the workaround. Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon