We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SelectionBackColor

Sorry, I'm still new to essential grid. But what is the equivalent to SelectionBackColor in essential grid?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2003 03:01 PM UTC

grid.AlphaBlendSelectionColor.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2004 04:11 AM UTC

>grid.AlphaBlendSelectionColor. When try to set this property i couldn''t get the exact color. It is giving different color. Can you please help me on this? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2004 06:11 AM UTC

We are using alphablending (the A part of the Color.FromArgb) to avoid having to redraw all teh cells. When this value is less than 255, the underlying screen will bleed through so you can see it. The less the value, the more transparent the look. The reason to do this is that the selection then can be drawn by just filling a rectangle with this color. If you actually want the background to have a non-blended color, then you would have to draw the contents of every cell with the desired backcolor. This would avoid the blending fade that you are commenting on. If you want this, you can do it by setting the alpha part of the selection color to 0 (so it does not show). Then you would handle PrepareViewStyleInfo and set the backcolor you want if teh cell is selected. This thread shows how you can do this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=13587

RA Rabeek July 17, 2004 08:38 AM UTC

Thanks Clay Burch, for your valuable reply. And I have posted new message of doubt on the Header Caption. Can you please help me on that? Regards Rabeek >We are using alphablending (the A part of the Color.FromArgb) to avoid having to redraw all teh cells. > >When this value is less than 255, the underlying screen will bleed through so you can see it. The less the value, the more transparent the look. The reason to do this is that the selection then can be drawn by just filling a rectangle with this color. > >If you actually want the background to have a non-blended color, then you would have to draw the contents of every cell with the desired backcolor. This would avoid the blending fade that you are commenting on. If you want this, you can do it by setting the alpha part of the selection color to 0 (so it does not show). Then you would handle PrepareViewStyleInfo and set the backcolor you want if teh cell is selected. > >This thread shows how you can do this. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=13587

RA Rabeek July 17, 2004 08:42 AM UTC

One more doubt on this... Is any property to set the forecolor of the selected rows? I searched on that, but i am not able to find that. Can you help me on this...? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2004 09:33 AM UTC

In PrepareViewStyleInfo, in addition to setting e.Style.BackColor on the selected cells, you can also set e.Style.TextColor (as well as any other GrridStyleInfo property that you might want to set to affect the cell appearance like e.Style.Font.Bold maybe).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon