We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Speed Up Drawing 200,000 Data Points

I have your control showing a line chart just how I want. The only problem is that it takes 30 to 60 seconds to draw. Then if you zoom, another 30 seconds goes by.

I have done all of the easy fixes as shown in this link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=61488

Since a screen cannot show 200,000 points at once, is there any kind of Essential Grouping optimization such that not all of the x-axis points are displayed? Then upon zoom, more points are shown? Not sure how this would work. Ideas?

Seems like the control itself should have some drawing optimizations.

I *really* need some ideas on how to make this work since I've invested so much time already to get this far.

Thank you for any ideas.

3 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 22, 2007 10:27 AM UTC

Hi DaveL,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

You can achieve your requirements in chart with the help of Essential.Grouping.

Please have a look at the attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F62789/main.htm

The above sample which illustrates how to filtering the data when zooming.

Still you have any performance problem in your sample means, could you please open a DirectTrac incident with regard to this with the Forum ID and Title of the Forum in the subject of the incident, so that we could log a bug report with regard to this issue and follow up you in the incident with the details regarding this defect.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,
Rashidha.

DA DaveL June 22, 2007 03:08 PM UTC

I've seen that sample before, but all it seems to do is filter the data above a certail Y-axis value. That will not work.

I need something that will, say, skip every 10th x-axis value when zoomed all the way out to speed drawing. Then as the user zooms in, skip every 5th, then when fully zoomed in every singe data point can be seen.

I don't see how this is possible with filtering. Can you explain how it might work, or provide a working sample?

Everything on your control works great, but 60 second redraws are going to be problem.

For a future feature, ideally the control would have an option to natively resample/average/skip the data without having to filter. A screen can't show 100,000 points at one time, so why should the control try and draw them?

Thank you for your quick responses.

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 25, 2007 10:46 AM UTC

Hi DaveL,

Thanks for your information.

Please have a look at the attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F62789_1/main.htm

The above sample which illustrate how to draw a chart series points when scrolling the scrollbar and also click the left and right button of the scrollbar.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature. We have already logged this feature request and also notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon