We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XP Menus crash while closing child windows in MDI Application

Hi,

I am using XPMenu Bar and MdiMainFrameBarManager and MDIChildFrameBarManager in my application to manage the menu of both Mdi parent and child forms. While I try to close my application by closing the child windows one by one, I get the following error:
System.NullReferenceException: A BarItem (Text: &File) that is not part of a BarManager is found in the menus or toolbars. Make sure to add

the BarItem to a BarManager before adding it to the menus or toolbars.
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.RefreshContainer(IBarItemContainer container)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.UpdateBarsInManager(BarManager manager)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.UpdateBars()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.OnFormActivated(Form form)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.set_LatestActiveMdiChild(Form value)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager.MdiChildActivated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnMdiChildActivate(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ActivateMdiChildInternal(Form form)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmMdiActivate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I am afraid that this error is not consistent. I am using Syncfusion 4.3.0.30 and VS2005. The trace is attached herewith.

Can anyone help me in this!

Thanks in advance,
Nevin

Trace1.zip

3 Replies

JA JayaLakshmi Syncfusion Team June 21, 2007 08:46 AM UTC

Hi Nevin,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I could not able to reproduce this issue in 4.3.0.30 version.

Please try to reproduce this in the below sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F62692/main.htm

If you create baritems programmatically then add them to BarManager first and then to bar.

Could you please provide me more information on how you add baritems using XPMenus ?

It will be very helpful if you provide me a sample on that ?

Regards,
Jaya

NE Nevin July 5, 2007 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Jaya,

I am still getting the error in my application. I tried with the sample application and it is not given any such error. As you have mentioned, I am not using RegisterTypes or UnRegister in my code.

Is there any way to solve this issue, it's being a long time this issues is still opened.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nevin C

JA JayaLakshmi Syncfusion Team July 11, 2007 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Nevin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Have you added baritems programmatically to MainForm and ChildForm?

Could you please make sure that the Baritem 'File' is added to MainFrameBarManager and Bar's collection?

If you are not able to reproduce the issue in the above sample, then please give us the following details :

1) CS file
2) Steps you have followed at design time or at run time to create baritems on MainForm and ChildForm
3) Video file showing the issue.

The above details would help us to sort out the cause of the issue and fix it soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon