We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Mode GGC

Hi,

currently a grid cell changes to the edit mode if a user clicks in a cell with a mouse click. Now i want to change this behavior. I want to select the cell when the user clicks on it with the mouse and switch to the edit mode if a user presses a key on the keyboard. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Chris

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 19, 2007 03:02 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

You can try setting the property ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to None.

[c#]
gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.None;

This None setting means that clicking on a cell does not activate it. You can activate the cell by pressing any one of the key.

Best regards,
Haneef

CH Chris June 20, 2007 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

this works fine for the default cell types. I have a custom cell renderer and model inherited from GridComboboxCellRenderer / Model.

The problem here is that even if I set the GridCellActivateAction to "None" the DropDownPart shows up when I click on that cell. How can I get the same behavior for this cell types?

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 20, 2007 09:29 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

You need to set the SupportsFocusControl property in your custom cell renderer (which is derived from GridComboBoxCellRender) class. Below is a code snippet

this.SupportsFocusControl = true;

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon