We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupCaptionPlusMinusCell expands the group does not collapse group once expanded

I have a single table dataset that is group by one column.

Something funky is going on with my ggc. Clicking the GroupCaptionPlusMinusCell expands the group fine, like it should. But clicking on the same cell does not collaspe the group once it has been expanded.

I'm sure that you all and even me can come up with a simple project in which this works fine, but my ggc is not simple and this is not working as expected. I've seen this work a thousand time. But something has gone awry. My ggc uses a custom engine and I am beginning to think that some code in my custom engine is causing this, but I am not sure.

To add this this issue, when I do the following..

this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CollapseAllGroups();...
if the current cell is on a record row, the group that that record row belongs to does not collaspe. Expand works fine in both cases.

3 Replies

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 12:44 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for your patience.

As mentioned in your query this should work fine without any problem. It would be helpfull if you could post a sample having this issue with more information on the same, so that we could get back to you with suitable solution to this issue.

Regards,
Rajagopal

JB James Blibo June 14, 2007 04:08 AM UTC

It's frustrating that you all haven't experience this issue on your end. I can't post my code because the code is part of a larger project and the issue may not be reproducable if i create a smaller project. But this is definitely an issue that I'm sure you've heard other users of your product post about.

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 06:50 PM UTC

Hi James,

Sorru for the inconvenience.

Please try setting the Table.CurrentElement to null before the calling the CollapseAllGroups() method.

this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentElement = null;
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CollapseAllRecords();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CollapseAllGroups();

Kindly try the above suggestion and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon