We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DrawCell event problem

Hello,

I'm using the DrawCell event to draw small graphics in my grouping grid. Have 2 separate events for my header level and detail records. The event handlers are assigned in my constructor for the form (as below). The problem is for the details level of the grid the event handler never fires. The header event handler works perfectly. So the header graphics appear fine but the details never get drawn. Any ideas as to why?

ggcInvErr.GetTableControl(InvErrConstants.INV_HDR_DATA_TABLE).DrawCell += new GridDrawCellEventHandler(InvForm_DrawHdrErr);

ggcInvErr.GetTableControl(InvErrConstants.INV_DTL_DATA_TABLE).DrawCell += new GridDrawCellEventHandler(InvForm_DrawDtlErr);

-thanks

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 12, 2007 11:25 PM UTC

Hi Rocko,

Here is a forum thread that discuss with similar issue and let me know if this helps
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=55958

Best regards,
Haneef

RT Rocky Tatlay June 13, 2007 04:24 PM UTC

The issue is similar but in my case the draw cell event for the child group never fires. The header event fires as it should. It is being blocked for some reason. Is there any case where this may occur? In the example from the thread you provided the event handler:

grid.GetTableControl("Table2").DrawCell += new GridDrawCellEventHandler(Table2_DrawCell);

never gets called in my case.

RT Rocky Tatlay June 17, 2007 07:00 PM UTC

Just wondering if you have any ideas as to what the problem is. After some further research I’m convinced there is a problem in my dataset that causing this "lost event". It makes no sense why the draw cell event is called for the parent records but it is never called for the child records. Any ideas as to what condition must exist in the dataset to enable the draw cell event for the child record to work? The grouping on the grid displays properly so I know the relation are correct, it’s just the lost event that is the problem. Also the example from the other thread works correctly.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 18, 2007 11:37 PM UTC

Hi Rocko,

Thank you for your update.

I am not sure of what be might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. Can you prepare a little sample project showing this problem and post it here, or submit a Direct Trac support incident and include the sample project there? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon