We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Gradient background for menu.

Hi, is there some way to add gradient background to main menu of the form (XPMenu.Bar) ?

4 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team August 5, 2003 02:55 PM UTC

Hi, This is on top of our feature request list, that we will be implementing pretty soon. Regards, Praveen

BT Bryan Triplett April 11, 2004 04:15 PM UTC

Is it going to make it into the 2.0 release? Is there any work around in the short term? Thanks in advance! -Bryan >Hi, > >This is on top of our feature request list, that we will be implementing pretty soon. > >Regards, >Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2004 07:42 PM UTC

Hi Bryan, I have conveyed your request to the development team, and will update you on this as soon as I hear from them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2004 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Bryan, You would have to get hold of the BarControl of the CommandBarExt object associated with the XPMenus.Bar, and then handle its Paint event (as shown below) for this purpose : // Get the CommandBarExt CommandBarExt cmdbarext = this.mainFrameBarManager1.GetBarControl(this.bar1) as CommandBarExt; // Get the CommandBarExt''s BarControl and subscribe to its Paint event cmdbarext.BarControl.Paint += new PaintEventHandler(BarControl_Paint); // CommandBarExt.BarControl''s Paint event handler private void BarControl_Paint (object sender, PaintEventArgs e) { CommandBarExt cmdbarext = this.mainFrameBarManager1.GetBarControl(this.bar1) as CommandBarExt; Rectangle rec1 = cmdbarext.ClientRectangle; Graphics g = e.Graphics; LinearGradientBrush brush = new LinearGradientBrush(rec1, Color.Yellow, Color.Red, 30); g.FillRectangle(brush, rec1); } I have attached a complete sample that illustrates this here. Please refer to it and let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your patience and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon