We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom Cell Requiring IConvertible

I've been part of thread that appears to have slipped of the radar here. Here's the thread:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=56622

Perhaps the person that was helping me is out, but I'm wondering if someone else could take a look at this problem. I'm nearing the end of my 30-day eval and have been working on this same issue for some time. I'm concerned that my eval period will expire and I still won't have a solution to this issue.

FYI...the basic problem here (as demonstrated by the example attached at the end of the thread) is that the custom cell is requiring IConvertible when it shouldn't. This error only shows up when you edit and leave a new entry for the custom cell.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2007 10:02 AM UTC

One comment is that this setup will work with our GridDataBoundGrid (with a couple of slight code adjustments - if null checks...). The modified sample is attached below.

I will set up a debug build with the GridGroupingControl to see why there is an IConvertible requirement. I suspect it has to do with the List type. Can you use a non-typed list in your data instead of a generic list?

TodTwoCellGDBG.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2007 02:46 PM UTC

Here is your sample back with the renderer.OnSaveChanges tweaked to avoid the IConvertible error.

TodTwoCell0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon