We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

List opened from Grid is seen as a new object and will not play back

Hi all,

I am using QTP 9.2 on a syncfusion grid. In one test a grid cell contains a button to open a list. The following opens code clicks on the button and opens the list but it will not play back.

SwfWindow("Xact 1.2").SwfWindow("Project Explorer - [Project").SwfObject("gridControl1").Click 661,152
SwfWindow("SwfWindow").SwfList("SwfList").Select "Color [Yellow]"

The reason QTP will not play this back is:
It goes from SwfWindow("Xact 1.2") which opens the list to SwfWindow("SwfWindow") which is the list. But because QTP believes it is changing from one window to another the first one loses focus and thus closes the List before anything can be selected from it.
If anyone can help me out with this i would appreciate it.

3 Replies

TK Thomas K Syncfusion Team June 12, 2007 05:52 PM UTC

Hi Darren,

From your recordings, I noticed that our grid controls did not get recognised in QTP as expected. Please refer our knowledge base for more information:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/teststudio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=9

You need to install Essential TestStudio package (which can be obtained by submitting an direct trac requesting for the Essential TestStudio version). For more information, please visit our knowledge base for Essential TestStudio:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/teststudio/Default.aspx

Regards,
Thomas

>Hi all,

I am using QTP 9.2 on a syncfusion grid. In one test a grid cell contains a button to open a list. The following opens code clicks on the button and opens the list but it will not play back.

SwfWindow("Xact 1.2").SwfWindow("Project Explorer - [Project").SwfObject("gridControl1").Click 661,152
SwfWindow("SwfWindow").SwfList("SwfList").Select "Color [Yellow]"

The reason QTP will not play this back is:
It goes from SwfWindow("Xact 1.2") which opens the list to SwfWindow("SwfWindow") which is the list. But because QTP believes it is changing from one window to another the first one loses focus and thus closes the List before anything can be selected from it.
If anyone can help me out with this i would appreciate it.

DR Darren Ryan June 21, 2007 11:53 PM UTC

Thank you Thomas, I reinstalled SyncFusion and TestStudio and it now works. The problem seemed to be the fact that my previous instalation of Syncfusion did not have any source code.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 4, 2010 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon