We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Designer Hangs when adding GridBoundColumns

I have a databound grid and have already added 4 gridboundcolumns. I test the app - everything is okay. But when go to add a few more, the designer hands - systemidle process goes to 245%!!! Have u jeard this before - any fixes? Charles

3 Replies

TZ Thomas Zueger August 5, 2003 04:43 AM UTC

Charles, Sometimes I have the same problem, but it is not reproducable. The only solution is to open a second instance of VS, this will "unlock" the hanging instance. Clay, is this a known problem? Regards, Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 5, 2003 05:23 AM UTC

We have had probably 4 other users report this for VS2003, but to date, have not been able to reproduce it in house. One user, who owned the full product, was able to attach the frozen DevStu process to a 2nd instance of DevStu for debugging, and did a BreakAll. This showed the locked up was in a call to a FrameWork method that was trying to remove sited objects. After about 5 minutes the call returned. He then cleaned his machine, reinstalling .NET 1.1 and VS2003, and the problem went away. We are trying to resolve this problem, but just haven't seen it in-house yet to be able to effectively work on it.

JE Jeff August 20, 2003 02:17 PM UTC

I get this same exact problem and it's killing me! I'm basically forced to code all my grid columns. This is obviously a common problem with VS2003 and the DataGridColumn. The problem typically happens after adding a celltype other than text. > We have had probably 4 other users report this for VS2003, but to date, have not been able to reproduce it in house. One user, who owned the full product, was able to attach the frozen DevStu process to a 2nd instance of DevStu for debugging, and did a BreakAll. This showed the locked up was in a call to a FrameWork method that was trying to remove sited objects. After about 5 minutes the call returned. He then cleaned his machine, reinstalling .NET 1.1 and VS2003, and the problem went away. > > We are trying to resolve this problem, but just haven't seen it in-house yet to be able to effectively work on it. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon