We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Converting from Windows Forms

Hello, I have a VB.NET 2003 application in which I use the Windows Forms version of Syncfusion controls. I know this is a very broad question, but could anybody give me a rough idea of what would be involved with converting this VB.NET 2003 application to use the ASP.NET version of the Syncfusion controls?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

4 Replies

MA Maheswari Syncfusion Team June 4, 2007 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Tim,

I am afraid that it is not possible to directly convert a windows forms application [VB.Net 2003] to web application. Could you please try to create new application with our Asp.Net controls?

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari

TS Tim Stevens June 22, 2007 09:18 PM UTC

Thanks, that was what I was afraid of.

Tim

>Hi Tim,

I am afraid that it is not possible to directly convert a windows forms application [VB.Net 2003] to web application. Could you please try to create new application with our Asp.Net controls?

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari

RB Richard Bilby July 31, 2007 10:07 AM UTC

I suppose that goes for C#.NET applications as well.
It would have been nice if we could reuse some of our DataBoundGridContorl in an ASP.NET application.

Will we have to completely rebuild all grid controls?

VA Valli Syncfusion Team August 1, 2007 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1. Reuse some of our DataBoundGridControl in an ASP.NET application.

You can use the 'Grid Grouping Control' instead of the DataBoundGridControl.

The Grid Grouping Control supports some additional functionalities like Grouping, Summaries…

The online demo for the 'Grid Grouping Control' can be obtained from the following location,

http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0

in the link go to Essential Grid Grouping to get the sample for the Grid Grouping control.

The online documentation of the Essential Grid Grouping control can be obtained from the following link,

http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug/Default.aspx##Essential%20Studio.chm/GridWeb/GridGroupingControl.html

2.Will we have to completely rebuild all grid controls?

Yes you have to completely rebuild your code when you use the Grid Grouping control.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon