We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to let column width to fit Column detail?

I should set which Property?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2003 05:18 AM UTC

If you are using a GridDataBoundGrid, the default behavior is to size columns based on the headertext. To turn off this default behavior so you can explicitly size the columns differently, you must set: this.grid.AllowResieToFit = false; Then to actually cause the column widths to rezie to to the text, you call this.grid.Model.Cols.ResizeToFit, passing in the range you want to resize, as well as options like whether to include the headers in teh resizing, or to allow the colsize to shrink. this.grid.Model.Cols.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table(), GridResizeToFitOptions.IncludeHeaders); will resize everything. Please note that is you have many, many rows, this may take some time, and you might want to just resize teh visible rows: Me.Grid.Model.RowHeights.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Rows(Me.GridDetail.TopRowIndex, Me.Grid.ViewLayout.LastVisibleRow), GridResizeToFitOptions.None)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon