We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XP style scroll bars

Is it possible to show XP style scroll bars with the Edit control ? Your samples show them but I get the 'classic' style scroll bars when I use the control, even though I'm using Windows XP.

3 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 8, 2003 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Stephen Yes, you can. Infact all our samples show the XP Style Scroll Bars, because we ship the manifest files to take care of this. Take a look at the following FAQs in George Shepherd's Windows Forms FAQ for more information on this issue: http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/winforms/search/574.asp http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/winforms/search/575.asp Regards, Arun > Is it possible to show XP style scroll bars with the Edit control ? > > Your samples show them but I get the 'classic' style scroll bars when I use the control, even though I'm using Windows XP. >

NI Nimish December 3, 2003 07:10 AM UTC

Hi My requirement is : Develop a xp style scroll bar on windows 2000/NT/98/95. The look of the scroll bar on windows 2000/NT/98/95 should be similar/same as scroll bar look on windows xp. Is is possible using VC++ ? Please sugest me. - Nimish Joshi. > Is it possible to show XP style scroll bars with the Edit control ? > > Your samples show them but I get the 'classic' style scroll bars when I use the control, even though I'm using Windows XP. >

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 3, 2003 08:32 PM UTC

Hi Nimish, All Syncfusion controls display XPThemes only on Windows XP machines. This is an issue with Microsoft since XPStyle is not backward compatible and cannot be displayed in earlier versions of Windows OS. Hence, in WinForms programming it is not possible to display XP Styles in a non XP machine. Please let me know if you need any other information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon