We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

HTML to PDF - AxSHDocVw / SHDocVw reference problems.

I am trying to use the HTML to PDF functionality.

I am really close to getting it work but I need some help figuring out where to place the Interop Assemblies.
I get the following error at runtime:
Could not load file or assembly 'AxSHDocVw, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

In Syncfusion's HTML_to_PDF.zip you have a Data
directory that contains an Interop Assemblies directory that contains AxSHDocVw.dll and SHDocVw.dll. I put the Data directory in various spots within my project directories but still get the "Could not load file or assembly" error.

I would appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks,
Peter

3 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 1, 2007 12:20 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Unable to load the assembly 'AxSHDocVw, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' error message occurs if the reference to the those .dll's are not done. Try adding reference to dll's AxSHDocVw,SHDocVw.dll. You can find these references from the following URL (if you are using Version 5).

C:\..\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.51\Windows\Pdf.Windows\Samples\2.0\Data\Interop Assemblies

If you still face the same issue. Please send me some more details like Framework used, Essential Studio Version.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

PH Peter Hess June 1, 2007 05:58 PM UTC

I have explicitly referenced them in my project when I get the error message.

In your HTML_to_PDF.zip version there is no reference made to AxSHDocVw.dll and SHDocVW.dll and yet it still works. It seems that the implementation of Syncfusion.HtmlConverter.Base must reference these but I am unsure of where I need to place them in my project for Syncfusion.HtmlConverter.Base to load them.

Thanks,
Peter

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 1, 2007 10:46 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

HTML_to_PDF Sample refers to the Assemblies( AxSHDocVw.dll and SHDocVW.dll ) in the bin folder of the application. "Syncfusion.HtmlConverter.Base" does not makes any internal reference to these assemblies. "Syncfusion.HtmlConverter.Base" makes use of MSHTML (Is a engine used to drive the browser) library which renders the HTML page and converts the it to a bitmap image or as a metafile image. The image is then rendered into the PDF document.

If you do not want to add reference to these assemblies, you can place these assemblies in the bin folder of your project. Else you can create a folder in your project and place these assemblies and then make a reference to them.

Please let me know for further help.

Regards,
Sarath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon