We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Populate DropDownGrid before Drawn

I want to populate a drop down grid (in this case, a databoundgrid), right before being displayed, each time the drop-down button is clicked. What event will tell me the grid is about to be drawn, and how do I get the cell that's requesting it from that event? Eric

4 Replies

ER ERobishaw August 2, 2003 05:46 PM UTC

Likewise, how do I know when its been collapsed...

ER ERobishaw August 2, 2003 06:08 PM UTC

> I want to populate a drop down grid (in this case, a databoundgrid), right before being displayed, each time the drop-down button is clicked. > > What event will tell me the grid is about to be drawn, and how do I get the cell that's requesting it from that event? > > > Eric TO accomplish this, I setup a VisibleChanged event handler for the subgrid, and using the CurrentCell property of the main grid, I can tell who called it. HOWEVER, the VisibleChanged doesn't get called when the grid is becomming INvisible. So I still have no way of knowing when it's closing. Eric

ER ERobishaw August 2, 2003 06:16 PM UTC

FYI: On the subgrid, I've tried, with NO effect, the following event handlers on the sub-grid: ParentChanged, EnabledChanged, Deactivated None of these gets called from the subGrid, when the sub-grid is closing. Eric

ER ERobishaw August 2, 2003 06:23 PM UTC

Never Mind, found it: CurrentCellShowingDropDown CurrentCellCloseDropDown Thanks Eric

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon