We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Shortcuts for XPToolbar

Hi, I have an MDI application. In some of my child windows, I have XPToolbar at the top of my child window. It has some buttons (BarItems) like Find, Print etc. I have set the findBarItem.Shortcut = ShortCut.CtrlF. It is not invoking my findBarItem Click handler? Is there any way to get this to work? thanks, - Reddy

2 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team August 1, 2003 05:43 PM UTC

Reddy, You could do this: 1) Override ProcessCmdKey in the parent control of the XPToolBar. If the parent is a Panel then you will have to derive a custom class from Panel, override ProcessCmdKey and use that Panel. 2) In the ProcessCmdKey override, delegate the call to the corresponding XPToolBar's ProcessCmdKey and return that value. 3) The shortcuts will now work whenever the focus is within that Panel. Do let us know if this works and if you need more assistance. Regards, Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2003 04:29 PM UTC

Praveen, My control is derived from User control. It worked after I have overridden the ProcessCmdKey() method. thanks, - Reddy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon