We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Overriding the Custom Filter dialog?

Is there a way I can intercept the user's click on "(Custom)" when filtering a column within the GridGroupingControl, then display my own dialog? It would then be an easy thing to supply my own filter criteria to the grid using RecordFilters.Add(...).

Cheers, Jon

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 15, 2007 08:49 PM UTC

Hi Jon,

You can handle the TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown event and display your own custom filter dialogbox whenever the filterbar "custom" option is selected. Please refer the attached sample for more details.

Sample : CustomFilterDialog.zip

Let me know if you face any issues when implementing the above.

Best Regards,
Haneef

JP Jon Pope May 15, 2007 09:56 PM UTC

That did the trick. However, I've noticed that after I click the "Cancel" button on the custom filter form, the main form is not responsive to the first mouse click. Only on 2nd+ mouse clicks does the form respond. Is there a way around this? It's not apparent to me where that first mouse click is being intercepted.

Cheers, Jon

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 16, 2007 09:41 PM UTC

Hi Jon,

Here is a link to a sample that derives the celltype and allows you to display your own dialog. Please try the sample and let me know if this helps.
GGC_FilterBar_Dlg.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

JP Jon Pope May 16, 2007 11:10 PM UTC

That did the trick. Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon