We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do you activate a Control in a Custom Symbol or Group?

Hello,

I have been working on Essential Diagram and custom symbols for a while. Our custom symbols are created for the most part in the Symbol Designer (with some elements added at runtime, and properties altered at runtime after deserializing the symbol palette).

Here's what we are trying to accomplish: our symbols display some information concerning the data that they represent. That data is editable in a properties user control. However, some symbols have too much information to display by default, but a user may need to see all of it on the symbol at one point. Our proposed solution is to embed a control on the symbol, which would resize the symbol and display the 'advanced information' when clicked.

Much like the ControlsGalore sample, I have placed a Button inside a ControlNode, and added the ControlNode to the group that forms our Symbol. However, I cannot seem to activate it, regardless of the button's activation style.

I have tried to ungroup our symbol and see if the control could be activated, when ungrouped. The button was activated as expected when ungrouped. I have then attempted the same process in the ControlsGalore sample (see attached snippet)... I group a button and a text control node in a group, and I cannot activate these controls.

Is there any way to activate a control within a group? If not, is there any other way to solve this problem with your suite?

Thank you
Dan L

Syncfusion 5.1.0.
VS 2005

CodeSnippet.txt.zip

2 Replies

DL Dan L May 9, 2007 05:14 PM UTC

I just realized that i forgot to mention the full version of essential studios.

It is 5.1.0.51.
Dan L

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 10, 2007 06:40 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update.

When you group 2 controls, then it act as a single Node. So you can't activate a control within a group. You can activate the control in ungrouping mode.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon