We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ChartInteractiveCursor

Hi,

What is the proper way to use the ChartInteractiveCursor in a realtime chart with a constantly growing data series? I appears that I have to clear the cursor and re-create it with every new data point that is added to the series. When that happens, the cursor automatically moves back to the origin (0,0), which is quite annoying. This is my code:

private void timer1_Tick(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
this.chartControl1.ChartArea.InteractiveCursors.Clear();
ChartInteractiveCursor chartCursor1 = new ChartInteractiveCursor(this.chartControl1.Series[0]);
this.chartControl1.ChartArea.InteractiveCursors.Add(chartCursor1);
}

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Howard

1 Reply

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team May 9, 2007 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Howard,

My apologies for the delay in responding to you.

1.What is the proper way to use the ChartInteractiveCursor in a realtime chart with a constantly growing data series?

The InteractiveCursor can be used for Charts having series that do not get changed with regard to the timer ticks at the output. They cannot be used with realtime charts because the ChartSeries gets updated for every tick and it is not possible to maintain the position of the InteractiveCursor when the Series gets compressed with the change in number of ChartPoints added to the ChartSeries for every tick.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon