We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Grouping not refreshed

Hi,

I am using a GGC in 2 different tabs in a tab control. I have grouped the rows based on column "A". Column "A" has a relation with column "B". Whenever I change the value in column "B" it updates the database. The grid gets the updated data and displays it. The updated row or rows may now belong to a different group. In the GGC I can see the changes in the rows with the new values for column "A" and Column "B".
If I select more than one row and update column "B", the value for column "A" gets changed appropriately. The problem is, except the last row that is selected all other rows are moved to the other group based on the new value for column "A". Even though the last row is not moved, it displays the updated values for column "A" and Column "B".
The interesting part is, the same functionality works fine in the other tab without any issues like this. The same code is used for both the tabs. But only the grid grouping is not refreshed and that too only for the one row in the selection, if I select 2 rows or 20 rows only one row(the last selected row) is left behind in the previous group and the remaining rows are moved to the new group.

Thanks
Manoj

2 Replies

MB Manoj Bhaskarakurup May 3, 2007 09:48 PM UTC

Hi,

Is there a way to programatically reassign the group, i.e remove all the groups and group again?

Thanks
Manoj

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 3, 2007 11:23 PM UTC

Hi Manoj,

If you want to group a table by a column in the GridGroupingControl, you can add the column name to the GroupedColumns collection in theTableDescriptor.

[C#]
// Group by column Col1.
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("Col1");

[VB.NET]
' Group by column Col1.
Me.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("Col1")

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon