We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

HideCols - Hidden colums are unhidden when resizing.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

60299 May 2,2007 09:16 AM UTC May 2,2007 02:57 PM UTC Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Meintjes Bekker
Asked On May 2, 2007 09:16 AM UTC

I've got 4 colums. I'm hiding column 3. The user resize column 2 by double clicking on the right hand border of it (see HideCols.jpg). Column 3 is unhidden (see UnHiddenCols.jpg).

The hidden column is also active when copying three columns from Excel and pasting it into the table.

Meintjes Bekker
Replied On May 2, 2007 09:17 AM UTC

I'm attaching the pictures for the earlier message.

HideCols.zip

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 2, 2007 02:57 PM UTC

Hi Meintjes,

The default behavior is to double click the column border to reset a hidden column. If you do not want this behavior, you can handle the ColsHiding event, and if a column is being shown, then cancel it. Below is a little snippet.

this.gridControl1.ColsHiding +=new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColHidingEventHandler(gridControl1_ColsHiding);
private void gridControl1_ColsHiding(object sender, GridRowColHidingEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Values[0] == false) //trying to show column
e.Cancel = true;
}

Best regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;