We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag selected rows from one ggc and drop to specific cell of another ggc

I have two ggcs. One ggc is on the top and a second ggc is on the bottom. The bottom ggc is configure to behave like a listview where one of more rows can be selected. The top ggc allow only cell selection.

What I which to accomplish is to select one or more row from the lower grid and drag those rows to a specific cell in the upper grid. I then want to add the count of the dragged selected rows to the target cell in the upper grid

2 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 2, 2007 05:22 PM UTC

Hi James,

Here is a forum thread that discuss with the simillar issue.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=235

Best regards,
Haneef

JB James Blibo May 2, 2007 09:11 PM UTC

This sample doesn't solve what I am trying to do.

Firstly, i noticed that the only way to drag a row from the left grid is to select the row header and drag the row header. My ggc does not have a row header. The row header is disabled in my ggc. The entire row in my ggc is selectable and what I wish to do is to drag the selected rows over to a single cell of the second grid.

Secondly, my drop target is a single cell (which would simply add the count of the number of selected rows that was drop there). The sample drags a row from one ggc and drops it on another ROW of the second ggc. I want to drop it only on a CELL.

Thirdly, I would like some color indicator to show the target drop location when the mouse is over the target.

I can't seem to find a sample that does this. I am using version 4.4 and will be migrating to version 5.1 very soon; so if that implemention is easier in 5.1, I'll love that too.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon