We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

''System.IO.FileLoadException''

I have been working on an app for several months. I compile and send out a test version to 10 people weekly. I have never had a problem until this week. I can compile and run the app on my PC fine. I can run the app setup on my PC fine. Now when I distribute the install, installation works fine. But when they go to run the app they are given the error in Just-In-Time Debugging:

An exception 'System.IO.FileLoadException' has occured.

When I dig into the error thru the debugger I find more detail.

The located assembley's manifest destination with name "Syncfusion.core" does not match the assembly reference.

I see two core.DLL files are listed in dependancies. One from version 3.301.0.0, the other version 3.301.0.12 (per properties).

I tried to exclude the DLL packages together and seperately but the error remained or when both were excluded turned into "core.DLL missing".

I am not positive, but I might have installed the a patch from 3.3.0.0 to 3.3.0.12 since the last setup was created. I found the patch referenced in a forum.

Could you please give me some direction in solving this problem. I am in a time crunch.

Thanks,

Tom

4 Replies

TA Tom Affholter April 25, 2007 02:08 PM UTC

By the way, I am running VB 2003. We intend to upgrade to 2005 soon but have a several issues to resolve first.

>I have been working on an app for several months. I compile and send out a test version to 10 people weekly. I have never had a problem until this week. I can compile and run the app on my PC fine. I can run the app setup on my PC fine. Now when I distribute the install, installation works fine. But when they go to run the app they are given the error in Just-In-Time Debugging:

An exception 'System.IO.FileLoadException' has occured.

When I dig into the error thru the debugger I find more detail.

The located assembley's manifest destination with name "Syncfusion.core" does not match the assembly reference.

I see two core.DLL files are listed in dependancies. One from version 3.301.0.0, the other version 3.301.0.12 (per properties).

I tried to exclude the DLL packages together and seperately but the error remained or when both were excluded turned into "core.DLL missing".

I am not positive, but I might have installed the a patch from 3.3.0.0 to 3.3.0.12 since the last setup was created. I found the patch referenced in a forum.

Could you please give me some direction in solving this problem. I am in a time crunch.

Thanks,

Tom

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 27, 2007 04:48 AM UTC

Hi Tom,

I am afraid. I was not able to reproduce the issue.

Could you please send us a small sample showing the problem and also could you please provide me the error with screenshot. It would really help us to analyze the issue here.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh

TA Tom Affholter April 27, 2007 04:01 PM UTC

Attached is a Word document of screen captures. I will also send you a copy of my install thru the Open Issue area. I do not want my executable public.

Thanks,

Tom

SyncfusionRuntimeError.zip

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 28, 2007 11:31 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your screenshots.

I was able to reproduce the issue.

Please try the following,

1. Please remove Syncfusion.Core.dll (3.301.0.12) in your project and deploy the application.

2. Please make sure the Syncfusion assemblies are refers in the following folder,

[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1

3. When you installing a patch you should install '[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies' folder. So that only the Syncfusion Assemblies switched to upgrade version. It will avoid the version conflicts.

Note: You cannot remove the patch version only.

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion's industry standard, comprehensive Essential Studio products for your development needs.

Regards,
Kumaresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon