We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to get the newly edited text in the AfterEdit event

I've posed this question a couple of times but gotten no response so I'm starting a new thread. The question was asked as to how to get the new label value in the AfterEdit event. Currently it when one does something like: treeView.SelectedNode.Text it returns an Empty String regardless of the actual new value. Is there any way to get the new value? According to the previous thread this was supposed to be fixed by now, but I've not found any way to get to it. Thanks, Aaron

7 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 28, 2003 05:17 PM UTC

Hi Aaron Are you using version 1.6.1.4 of Essential Tools? Regards, Arun

NG Neal Granroth July 29, 2003 01:00 PM UTC

The release notes for v1.6.1.3 say that AfterEdit is obsolete. What replaces it?

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 30, 2003 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Neal, In Essential Suite version 1.6.1.5, three more events have been added to control node editing, namely: NodeEditorValidateString (which replaces the AfterEdit) NodeEditorValidating (fired each time the text of the editor changes) and NodeEditorValidated(fired right after the text has been accepted) I have sent you the download instructions for Essential Suite 1.6.1.5. Regards, Arun

TG The GridLock April 25, 2020 09:13 AM UTC

Great! Exactly I was looking for afteredit in treeview.

DV Duraimurugan Vedagiri Syncfusion Team April 27, 2020 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your update.

You can achieve your requirement by using TreeViewAdv.NodeEditorValidated event handler which has the similar behaviour of AfterEdit event. Please refer the below code snippet.

treeViewAdv1.NodeEditorValidated += TreeViewAdv1_NodeEditorValidated;

private void TreeViewAdv1_NodeEditorValidated(object sender, TreeNodeAdvEditEventArgs e) 
{ 
    String newlyEditedText = e.Label; 
} 

UG link : https://help.syncfusion.com/windowsforms/treeview/treenodeadvcustomization#editing-the-node

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Durai

TG The GridLock April 27, 2020 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Durai, changing its name of this event is a bold decision =)

DV Duraimurugan Vedagiri Syncfusion Team April 28, 2020 08:14 AM UTC

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Durai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon