We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion DLLs and Visual Studio

Hi folks,

I've been in the process of upgrading our developers from 3.x to 4.x, and it's kind of a tedious and slightly buggy process. Usually I have to uninstall previous versions, then install the latest version, then run the Syncfusion assembly manager, to uninstall all syncfusion dll's, then install the latest dll's just to make sure VS doesn't find some previous version hidden in some windows directory when it compiles.

There's got to be a better way.

I'm wondering if there's a way to add these dll's to a project and get them under the source control umbrella, that way I can just update a single set of dll's and all our developers are guaranteed to have the latest set.

This sounds pretty straightforward, but I can never be sure where VS is going to get its DLL's from. Sometimes it looks in the Windows directory, sometimes int he syncfusion installation path, sometimes elsewhere. If I can tell it to always look in a particular directory relative to the main development directory, I think I can make this work.

How do y'all keep track of these dll's?

Chris

1 Reply

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 20, 2007 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

It is not necessary to remove the 3.x when you go for installing 4.x version.

Please refer the following Kb article that shows how the Syncfusion installation can be switched between various versions.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=36

In Syncfusion Essential Studio 3.x version, the assemblies are automatically referred to 'Assemblies' folder by default. If that folder was renamed or removed, it refers in GAC.

In Syncfusion Essential Studio 4.x version, assmblies refers to public assemblies folder by default. If the assemblies are removed in public assemblies folder, it refers in GAC and precompiled assemblies folder.

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon