We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Simulating key presses

I'm working with GDBG 4.4.0.51

I'm working with an onscreen keyboard, that is button based, and I want to simulate a key press into the grid.

Since the keyboard is button based, they steal the focus from the grid. The solution that I found was to raise an event from the onscreen keyboard into the grid, and in the grid to do something like this :

void Keyboard_KeyPressed(char key)
{
Message msg = new Message();
msg.Msg = 0x102;
msg.WParam = (IntPtr) key;

bool handled = CurrentCell.Renderer.RaiseProcessKeyEventArgs(ref msg);

if (handled == false)
{
CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText += key;
}
}

However, that's quite a nasty bypass, and it doesn't work completely like a regular keypress (for example, column text shows as wrapped in narrow columns when the user presses a key, but not from the keyboard).

Is there standard way to do something like this ?

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 18, 2007 03:58 PM UTC

Hi Miki,

Try calling the RaiseCurrentCellControlKeyMessage method to raise key event in a grid. Here is a code snippet

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.RaiseCurrentCellControlKeyMessage( gcem);

Best regards,
Haneef

MW Miki Watts April 18, 2007 04:08 PM UTC

nope, sorry, it doesn't raise the keypress event now.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2007 07:14 PM UTC

Just something to try. Comment out the code in your current Keyboard_KeyPressed. Instead, call grid.Focus() and the SendKeys.Send to pass the key onto the grid. After the SendKeys.Send call, you might need to set the focus back to the keyboard control.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon