We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Disable float in docking window

Hi, I'm currently developing an app with a tabbed MDIContainer main form with a number of docking windows on it. I have not yet figured out how to accomplish the following effects: • Disable the floating dock-state. We always want the docked controls docked and not floating. • Specify a minimum visible height or width for a docked control. We want the control displaying the 'dynamic help' to be always fixed to the bottom border of the form and visible to novice users. I still would like to make it a docking control as opposed to a plain panel and a splitter, as making it docked integrates better in the look-and-feel of the other docked windows on the form (splitter border style, caption bar, etc.). Any ideas? Ries

3 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team July 13, 2002 05:40 PM UTC

Ries, The docking windows implemenation does not have the functionality for disabling the float capability; similar to the VS.NET IDE it only has the capability for disabling docking. Unfortunately, at present, it does not have the functionality to provide a minimum/restricted sizing. I have filed a request and we will do our best to provide these features in a future version of Essential Tools. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.,

AM Arif Momin July 17, 2002 01:53 PM UTC

Ries, Try this as a workaround. In the DockStateChanged event of the docking manager, use the following code: -------------------------------- if(dmMenu.IsFloating(pnMenu)) { dmMenu.DockControl(this.pnMenu, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Left, pnMenu.Width); } ------------------------------------ NOTE: dmMenu is an instance of DockingManager class pnMenu is an instance of Panel class ARif. > Hi, > > I'm currently developing an app with a tabbed MDIContainer main form with a number of docking windows on it. > > I have not yet figured out how to accomplish the following effects: > > • Disable the floating dock-state. We always want the docked controls docked and not floating. > • Specify a minimum visible height or width for a docked control. We want the control displaying the 'dynamic help' to be always fixed to the bottom border of the form and visible to novice users. I still would like to make it a docking control as opposed to a plain panel and a splitter, as making it docked integrates better in the look-and-feel of the other docked windows on the form (splitter border style, caption bar, etc.). > > Any ideas? > > Ries >

RV Ries Vriend July 24, 2002 05:21 AM UTC

Hi, I've found a workaround for this by deriving from DockingManager, see attachment. Causes some screen flicker but it retains the current position of the window that was undocked. -Ries

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon