We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

diagram Problem

Hi, We have an application based on the diagram.

Question 1: If I draw a rectangle on the diagram, is it a object which I could get the properties of it and compile it? and is it an instance as well?

Question 2: Then, how could I get the instance of the rectangle and how to operate on it, such as getting the properties of the instance--name, width and height, x?,y?

Thanks in advance,

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 10, 2007 02:16 PM UTC

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

As with your queries,

All the drawing elements such as Rectangles if used to populate a diagram, then they are recognized as a diagram object or instances of the Diagram control.

If your intention is to retrieve the properties of the diagram object then , you can go with it by using the Diagram's utility methods and properties.

I have created a small sample implementing this which would help you modify the properties of the diagram objects including its size,height,name,etc.

Please do let us know if we can be of further assistance to you.

Regards,
Praveena.

DiagramObjects.zip

ZL zl_jennifer April 11, 2007 03:23 AM UTC

I know there is a "Model" control in your instance,but i can not find it im mine. And i can not realize the "Note" function which could be useful in your case.
thanks.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 13, 2007 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Jennifer,

Model has been separeted from the Diagram control. It needs to be added from the toolbox and to be assigned to the Diagram control using the Diagram.Model property.

If You could not find our Model component in toolbox, Please add the Model component from the Customize Toolbox.

The Diagram.Base.dll refers the Node class. Please check all 5.1 syncfusion assemblies are added in your reference node and these dlls are pointing to v.5.1.0.0.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 17, 2007 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Jennifer,

Model has been separated from Diagram but was integrated to it by default. So that the model component need not to be assigned explicitly. It is just enough to add the diagram control alone from the toolbox to the form.This is available in our main release.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon