We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGrouping Control and Scroll Bars

Hi,

I am using the GridGrouping control in which the number of columns are not fixed. There are close to 200 different possibilities. I am binding the GridGrouping control dynamically with a stored procedure thru a datatable. There are columns ranging from 5 to 20 columns for the grid. I am not using any paging either. Also, the GridGrouping control is inside a callback Panel and there are other controls inside the panel.

The issue I have is the scroll bars for the GridGrouping control. I want the grid to fit (width wise) inside a tag. When the data is not binded to the grid the table fits the screen perfectly but when there are more columns then I have a scroll bar on my screen not on the grid.

- I don't want a scroll bar on the screen but would be nice to show the scroll bar on the grid. Any suggetions?

- Also, Is it possible to fix the height also without paging?

Anu help would be great!!

Thanks!!

8 Replies

RM Rekha Mallavarapu April 11, 2007 03:02 PM UTC

Any solution please!!

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team April 11, 2007 07:46 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

My Sincere apologize for this time delay.

You can enable a scroll bar for the GridGroupingControl by setting the custom width/Height option. Please have a look at the below code snippet.

//Sets the Width for GridGroupingControl
this.GridGroupingControl1.Width = 200;
//Sets the height for GridGroupingControl
this.GridGroupingControl1.Height = 200;

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

RM Rekha Mallavarapu April 12, 2007 02:59 AM UTC

Hi Gokulkumar,

I already tried setting the height and width property. Here are the issues:

- When I use the vertical scrollbar it is very slow.

- I get this error: Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'runtimeStyle' is null or not an object in the SF_TableScrollerObject.ScrollRowToTop = function(newRowIndex).

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team April 12, 2007 11:18 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

We couldn't able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. Unlike you mentioned, Custome height and Width option doesn't throws any Javascript error and Verticall scroll bar doesn't make such a performance difference. I have tried the verticall scrollbar intially with 250 records in the GridGroupingControl. Attached is the sample in which we have tried to reproduce the issue.

Custom Height in GridGrouping

If anything we made wrong in reproducing this issue please correct us. In the meantime, could you please update us with the sample which causes this issue. It will help us for further investigation.

Please download our sample and do let us know if you are able to reproduce the issue in our sample too.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

KG Kathy Gray November 29, 2007 07:51 PM UTC

I am having a very similar problem to Rekha. Was a solution ever found? I downloaded the example posted by Gokulkumar, but it doesn't seem to fit the problem that Rekha was having, or that I am having. I believe the problem lies in the high number of columns. I am creating a grid with 50 columns across, and 184 rows. When I set the height/width, and then try to scroll across the bottom, it hangs my page. Is this the same problem as you Rekha?

Thanks, Kathy
>Hi Rekha,

We couldn't able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. Unlike you mentioned, Custome height and Width option doesn't throws any Javascript error and Verticall scroll bar doesn't make such a performance difference. I have tried the verticall scrollbar intially with 250 records in the GridGroupingControl. Attached is the sample in which we have tried to reproduce the issue.

Custom Height in GridGrouping

If anything we made wrong in reproducing this issue please correct us. In the meantime, could you please update us with the sample which causes this issue. It will help us for further investigation.

Please download our sample and do let us know if you are able to reproduce the issue in our sample too.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team December 26, 2007 08:10 AM UTC

Hi Kathy,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Rekha's problem was having scroll bars while setting the Height and Width for GGC. That was clearly explained by GokulKumar in his previous update. And also I tried having scroll bars with large number of rows and columns(50 and 184), but still I am not able to reproduce the issue. When I scroll the scroll bar my page didn't get hang as you said.

Please refer the video clip from the below link which explains you clearly:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/ggcissue_e6a015b1.zip

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Raji

JH James Hargis November 13, 2008 04:44 PM UTC

This is absolutely a known issue with scrolling and IE 7. They issued a patch today, and I've applied it, but I still don't see an improvement in performance at all. Have you tried the Nov.13 patch? And did it improve performance for you? We're desperately searching for answers.

Thanks,
James

>

Hi Kathy,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Rekha's problem was having scroll bars while setting the Height and Width for GGC. That was clearly explained by GokulKumar in his previous update. And also I tried having scroll bars with large number of rows and columns(50 and 184), but still I am not able to reproduce the issue. When I scroll the scroll bar my page didn't get hang as you said.

Please refer the video clip from the below link which explains you clearly:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/ggcissue_e6a015b1.zip

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Raji

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 14, 2008 06:34 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please refer the sample from the below link, with patch assemblies:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.4.0.15/Grid_Web_TableScroller/main.htm

Please check the above sample, it is clearly illustrating you that the TableScroller issue with IE 7.0 has been fixed with the patch given to you on Nov 13th.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon