We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I need very basic help...

I want to create a column chart that has two columns. Column 1 will have an X-axis label of "Yes" and column 2 will have an X-Axis label of "No".

I also want Column 1 to have a value of "10" and Column 2 to have a value of "20". After reading the forums, examples, etc. I am totally unable to make this work.

So far I've been able to get the X-Axis labels to show up, but a) the column heights are completely random and b) extra columns always get added. For example, if I manually define 3 points in a series, I get six columns with heights that do not seem to relate to the points in the series.

Here's some simple code that I've tried:
ChartWebControl cwc = (ChartWebControl)chart;
ChartSeries series = cwc.Model.NewSeries("Series " + itemID.ToString(), ChartSeriesType.Column);

series.Points.Add(new ChartPoint(1.0, 1.0));
series.Points.Add(new ChartPoint(2.0, 2.0));
series.Points.Add(new ChartPoint(3.0, 3.0));

When I view this chart, I see six columns with heights between 0 and 50.

I'm using the Demo version on ASP.NET 2.0.

1 Reply

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team April 12, 2007 02:35 PM UTC

Hi Noah Cushing,

My apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I was not able to reproduce the conditions that you mentioned as shown here below
a) the column heights are completely random b) extra columns always get added.

I have created a sample with the points mentioned by you here and have attached the same with this post.

You can download the sample from the below given webpage link,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Web/4.4.0.51/F59193/main.htm

Kindly take a look at the sample and modify it to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here and send it back to us.

Could please provide me some more information with regard to the point " I also want Column 1 to have a value of "10" and Column 2 to have a value of "20".

Could also please let me know what version of EssentialStudio you are using?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon