We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bare Bones MailMerge sample

Hi Guys,

Firstly well done on a top product, our company is in eval period for Doc.IO and I'm trying to create a basic mailmerge template.

Can someone give me the barest example of a mailmerge. Eg. if I'm using a Table in the doc does the number of columns in the table have to match the columns in the dataset?

say if I have a dataset with 50 columns with a datatable of "Persons" is this correct

<> <> <>

At the moment I'll be happy just to output to the page, the sample works fine, but my dataset has more columns than the sample and it doesnt work for me.

Basically my dataset has 50+ columns
the sample has 3 columns
the doc has 3 columns..

Many thanks

1 Reply

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team April 9, 2007 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes, it is possible to limit the number of columns to be merged in the document using Essential DocIO. I have attached a sample for your reference. Where the sample makes use of a DataTable as DataSource. The Number of columns the DataTable is 8. I have made use of only 3 columns for merging.

Here is the sample for your reference.

MailMerge.zip

Please check it out and let me if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon