We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Bare Bones MailMerge sample

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

59122 Apr 5,2007 04:07 AM Apr 9,2007 05:29 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: DocIO
michael
Asked On April 5, 2007 04:07 AM

Hi Guys,

Firstly well done on a top product, our company is in eval period for Doc.IO and I'm trying to create a basic mailmerge template.

Can someone give me the barest example of a mailmerge. Eg. if I'm using a Table in the doc does the number of columns in the table have to match the columns in the dataset?

say if I have a dataset with 50 columns with a datatable of "Persons" is this correct

<> <> <>

At the moment I'll be happy just to output to the page, the sample works fine, but my dataset has more columns than the sample and it doesnt work for me.

Basically my dataset has 50+ columns
the sample has 3 columns
the doc has 3 columns..

Many thanks

Sarath Kumar G [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 9, 2007 05:29 AM

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes, it is possible to limit the number of columns to be merged in the document using Essential DocIO. I have attached a sample for your reference. Where the sample makes use of a DataTable as DataSource. The Number of columns the DataTable is 8. I have made use of only 3 columns for merging.

Here is the sample for your reference.

MailMerge.zip

Please check it out and let me if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;