We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ValueMember / DisplayMember in FilterBar

Hi, one column in my GDBG includes comboboxes with ValueMember and DisplayMember functionality. The FilterBar only displays the ValueMember of the ComboBoxes-Column. Is it possible to show the DisplayMember in the FilterBar, because the ValueMember includes only stupid Indexes? Thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 23, 2003 10:18 PM UTC

Currently, you would have to derive GridFilterBar to get this functionality. Attached is a little sample. Our 2.0 grouping support will have other ways to handle this problem.

CR Cradle August 21, 2003 08:26 AM UTC

When I use this MyGridFilterBar : GridFilterBar in My Grid:when we choose combobox to multi-filter,always occur: Can'not execute equal to operation between System.Int32 and System.String Can you help me? My database is Access2000 Combo's DisplayMember is string type column, Combo's ValueMember is int type column, Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 21, 2003 08:48 AM UTC

The sample in this trhead using an integer Valuemember and a string DisplayMember without a problem. Are you explicitly adding your own GridBoundColumns (and not using the Binder.Internal ones)? If so, make usre you set gridboundcolumn.StyleInfo.CellValueType = typeof(int) for the column with teh foriegn key combobox.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon