We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

ValueMember / DisplayMember in FilterBar

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

5911 Jul 23,2003 12:53 PM Aug 21,2003 04:48 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Markus Kraft
Asked On July 23, 2003 12:53 PM

Hi, one column in my GDBG includes comboboxes with ValueMember and DisplayMember functionality. The FilterBar only displays the ValueMember of the ComboBoxes-Column. Is it possible to show the DisplayMember in the FilterBar, because the ValueMember includes only stupid Indexes? Thanks!

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 23, 2003 06:18 PM

Currently, you would have to derive GridFilterBar to get this functionality. Attached is a little sample. Our 2.0 grouping support will have other ways to handle this problem.

Cradle
Replied On August 21, 2003 04:26 AM

When I use this MyGridFilterBar : GridFilterBar in My Grid:when we choose combobox to multi-filter,always occur: Can'not execute equal to operation between System.Int32 and System.String Can you help me? My database is Access2000 Combo's DisplayMember is string type column, Combo's ValueMember is int type column, Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 21, 2003 04:48 AM

The sample in this trhead using an integer Valuemember and a string DisplayMember without a problem. Are you explicitly adding your own GridBoundColumns (and not using the Binder.Internal ones)? If so, make usre you set gridboundcolumn.StyleInfo.CellValueType = typeof(int) for the column with teh foriegn key combobox.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;