We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drop Down Filter

Hello
I'm having trouble with the filter bar in gridgrouping control.
It works fine with the mouse, but if I navigate through it with the keyboard it does absolutely nothing. (it doesn't matter if I press Enter, Tab or space)
I've attached an example for you to see where the problem is.

Test_Filter.zip

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team March 30, 2007 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Vicko,

you can try this code

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlKeyDown(object sender, GridTableControlKeyEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Inner.KeyData == Keys.Tab
|| e.Inner.KeyData == Keys.Enter
|| e.Inner.KeyData == Keys.Right)
{
GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell;
GridTableCellStyleInfo style = cc.Renderer.CurrentStyle as GridTableCellStyleInfo;
if (cc.IsDroppedDown
&& style != null
&& style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind == DisplayElementKind.FilterBar)
{
cc.MoveTo(cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex + 1);
e.Inner.Handled = true;
}
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

VH Vicko Hazdovac April 2, 2007 08:41 AM UTC

It seems there's been a little misunderstanding, and it's my fault. I didn't describe my problem as well as I should have...
I didn't ask to be able to move through the columns using the keyboard (although it came in very handy, and I thank you for that). But, my problem is something else. Since I don't actually know how to describe it clear enough in a few words I've attached this word document with screenshots so you can see where the troubles lie. You know what they say : "Picture is worth a thousand words" :)

DropDownTroubles.zip

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 2, 2007 11:33 PM UTC

Hi Vicko,

One way you can do this by hanlding the TablecontrolCurrentCellCloseDropDown event of the grid and call the filterbarRender.Model.Select() method to set the filter in a grid. Here is a code snippet

GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell;
GridTableFilterBarCellRenderer cr = (GridTableFilterBarCellRenderer)cc.Renderer;
if (cr != null)
{
GridTableCellStyleInfo tableStyleInfo = e.TableControl.Model[cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex]; ;
GridTableCellStyleInfoIdentity tableCellIdentity = tableStyleInfo.TableCellIdentity;
cr.Model.Select(tableCellIdentity, cr.ListBoxPart.SelectedIndex);
cr.SetTextBoxText(cr.GetFilterBarText(tableStyleInfo), false);
}

Best regards,
Haneef

VH Vicko Hazdovac April 3, 2007 07:10 AM UTC

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon