We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Interactive Cursor for one axis

Is is possible to have an interactive cursor for only one axis?

Thanks,
Dave Taylor

8 Replies

RC Rajesh C Syncfusion Team March 30, 2007 02:54 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Our Essential chart supports interactive cursor for both axis at same time. However It is possible to display an interactive cursor for only one axis. I have created a workaround to support this feature. Please have a look at this sample and let me know if this helps you.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ChartInteractiveCursor_c7be8ea8.zip

Regards,
Rajesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2009 09:12 PM UTC

I am trying to use the interactive cursor workaround for a simple click and drag vertical only line. I have tried using the provided sample but it is really complicated. I think I have it mostly figured out but it continues to draw the original line. Please advise to what I am doing incorrectly.

Thank you, Ronda

TestInteractiveCursor_dc55cd4b.zip

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team December 14, 2009 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Ronda,

This is a known issue and this defect has already been fixed. The fix for this issue 'Need to fix the issue that Cursors.cursorNS, Cursors.cursorWE throwing exception in Chart' will be available in the latest version 7.4.0.20. You can upgrade to the latest version.

Here is the download link for v7.4.0.20
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/version-history

Regarding Unlock Key:
If you have any problem with the unlock key, kindly contact your sales representative or mail to sales@syncfusion.com.

Please Note:

To fix this issue now in your sample please use this.Cursor = Cursors.SizeAll instead of this.Cursor = Cursors.SizeWE in your sample.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Venkat.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2009 05:32 PM UTC

I don't understand how changing the shape of my cursor would fix the problem I am having here?! Everything in the sample I provided works as I would like it to except - The original vertical line deawn for the interactive cursor is not erased when you move the interactive cursor.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2009 08:56 PM UTC

I realized that I am not doing a good job explaining what I need so I have decided to try again. The interactive cursor I am talking about is not the cursor on the screen but the actual syncfusion control called "InteractiveCursor" I want the functionality of the interactive cursor the ability for the end user to grab the bar and move it from one point in the chart to another. But I need for it to not have the horizontal line. I am posting to this prevous posting because I thought it did what I needed to do so I implemented the work around (In a MUCH less complicated manner). I was able to get what I wanted almost working except for the fact that it does not erase the original line. Everytime I move the "interactivecursor" after the first time it erases it's previous location but the original is never erased. I Need the application to erase the original line once it is redrawn in a different location. Please find attach 3 images I hope will help to explain the problem I am encountering.

Thanks, Ronda

image3_27f3acd3.zip

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team December 16, 2009 09:48 AM UTC

Hi Ronda,

Thanks for the attachment.

Since the Interactive cursor is drawn manually in the Chart by using the ChartAreaPaint event, we have to restrict the

rendering of this custom interactive cursor in some places of ChartAreaPaint event handler. This is possible by using

the below workaround.

chartControl1.Paint += new PaintEventHandler(chartControl1_Paint);

void chartControl1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
{
isOK = true;
}

private void chartControl1_ChartAreaPaint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
{
------
------
if (isOK)
{
for (int i = 0; i < interactiveCursors.Count; i++)
{
g.DrawLine(new Pen(interactiveCursors[i].Color, 1), interactiveCursors[i].Location.X, bounds.Top,

interactiveCursors[i].Location.X, bounds.Bottom);
}
}
}

I have attached the modified sample in the link below.
http://help.syncfusion.com/support/Chart.Windows/v7.3.0.20/F58845/F58845_Sample/main.htm

Thanks for your patience. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Venkat.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2009 04:34 PM UTC

Thanks Venkat!! That is exactly what I was missing (duh) you saved me!

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team December 22, 2009 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Ronda,

Thanks for the update. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Venkat.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon