We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Combo doesn't drop down in Data bound grid

For a project i have a databound grid control. This control can be in 2 states, consult or editing. When it goes into edit mode a field becomes a combobox. This works fine, but what it doesn't do is display a drop down list. I can't select another value. And i am sure it is filled up. Anyone know an answer to this? Thanks Dave

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 22, 2003 05:16 AM UTC

I am not sure how you are trying to dynamically switch between a TextBox and a ComboBox celltype, but it may be simpler just to set the column to always be a ComboBox, and also set teh column's GridBoundColumn.StyleInfo.ShowsButtons property to GridShowButtons.ShowCurrentCell. This way, you would only see the button when the cell is current. To see the droppedlist, make sure the GridBoundColumn.StyleInfo.DataSource is set properly (& it has bee filled).

DH Dave Hermans July 23, 2003 05:47 AM UTC

Clay, thanks for the feedback. I followed your advice as i was dynamicly switching between Textbox and combo. As it turns out my function wasn't returning any data, i fixed this and tataa, one combo droped. But now for the strange part. I have a second identical grid on the same form but with other data (delivery and redelivery). Now the second grid's combo won't drop down, altough this (same) function returns valid data. Is theire maybe a setting or something that can couse a combo not to drop? Maybe some small thing that is different from one or the other grid? Because the columns of the grids are bound with the same function wich takes the grid as a parameter. So in binding the columns their is no difference, only the data is different. Greets Dave

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 23, 2003 06:21 AM UTC

There are settings that would prohibit a combobox from dropping, but by default they are not turned on. Some properties that might affect this are: StyleInfo.Enabled StyleInfo.Clickable StyleInfo.ShowButtons And, if you have an empty list, the dropdown would not show.

DH Dave Hermans July 23, 2003 06:41 AM UTC

Clay, thanks for your fast answers, but i've found it. It was stupid realy, but then again witch bugs aren't..On the second Grid the controlleroptions property was set to SelectCells only. Once i added ClickCells to that it worked. (i noticed the difference between the two grids).. Thanks again, Dave

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon