We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Support and bug fixes for 1.x after 2.0 is released

What is the plan for supporting 1.x version of the product after 2.0 is released? Also, is there a detailed release document outlining what 2.0 will give us over 1.x? I need to know if there will be some serious enhancements and features added to justify to my manager that we upgrade. Thanks, Jim

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2003 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Jim, Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. We will still release service packs for 1.6 when needed. Here is what is coming with 2.0 Essential Grid *Extensive Grouping Support with summaries, filters and related user interface support (filter bars, drag and drop of headers for grouping). *Design time support with code serialization for groups, filters and columns. *Complete support for hierarchical grids e.g. expand, collapse orders for individual customers. *Automatic selection of correct “Cell Editors” based on data type, e.g. DateTime edit for date fields. *Ability to specify width in columns, support min / max width and proportionally size columns when grid is resized. Essential Tools *Office 2003 look and feel. *Release version of preview controls such as the TreeViewAdv, several new editors. Essential Edit *Automatic Outlining. *Better performance. Essential Suite *VS.NET integrated user's guide. *Extensive sample and documentation updates. In addition we will release 2 new products Essential Diagram and Essential Chart shortly after 2.0. All 2.0 customers will receive these products. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Best regards, Daniel

MR Michael Rizzo September 4, 2003 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Daniel: ... > In addition we will release 2 new products >Essential Diagram and Essential Chart shortly >after 2.0. All 2.0 customers will receive these >products. ... Can you tell me anything about Essential Diagram and any status on both ED and EC? Also, are there any opening for someone who want to be a part of the SyncFusion team and wants to help build these great products -- especially Essential Diagram. Thanks, Michael Rizzo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon