We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Reading DDE-syntax formulae

Hi,

I am trying to import an Excel spreadsheet that uses DDE syntax to fetch data, but I cannot see the formula when I look at the Cell object provided by XlsIo. In Excel (file attached), you see the following formula:

=BLP|M!'GBPEUR Curncy,[PX_MID]'

However, none of the fields on the Cell contained this as far as I could see; I looked at Formula, Text, FormulaStringValue and FormulaNumberValue. Formula was the closest, but it just contained "GBPEUR Curncy,[PX_MID]"

Does XlsIo support DDE syntax? If so, how do I access formulae that use it? I'm using version 4.4.0.51.

Regards,

Giles

blp-with-funny-dde-syntax.zip

5 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team March 22, 2007 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Giles,

I was able to reproduce the problem. If we get the formula by using sheet.Range[ "B1" ].Formula "GBPEUR Curncy,[PX_MID]" is displayed instead of "BLP|M!'GBPEUR Curncy,[PX_MID]'". However this issue has been fixed in our internal version. Here is the video clip for your reference:

--------

4_4.zip

Upcoming version:(works fine)
----------------

Upcoming.zip

The fix for this issue will be available in our next release, which would be in the last week of March.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

GT Giles Thomas March 23, 2007 02:27 PM UTC

Thanks, Melba - I look forward to seeing the new version next week.

Regards,

Giles

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team March 26, 2007 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Giles,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Melba

GT Giles Thomas April 4, 2007 05:46 PM UTC

Hi,

Any update on when the new version will be available?

Regards,

Giles

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team April 5, 2007 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Giles,

Thanks for being patient.

Could you please refer the following forum thread to obtain the beta version of Essential Studio v5?

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=57573

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon