We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception in QueryNextEnabledCell

Hi, I get an exception NullReferenceException in QueryNextEnabledCell method when I use keyboard keys Left or Up to move the current cell left or up and there are only cells with Enabled==false left or above of it. My grid is virtual, I use event handlers for QueryColCount, QueryRowCount, QueryCellInfo, SaveCellInfo and QueryCoveredRange. As I have no source code, I cannot find the reason and workaround for that. I believe I have to set some other property on my disabled cells to avoid crash in QueryNextEnabledCell. Could you give me an idea, what can cause that exception in QueryNextEnabledCell ? I've attached the stack info as file. At that moment the current cell was on column 6, I pressed left. Columns 1 to 5 have Enabled=false. Thanks for hints. Regards, Jan

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2003 08:23 AM UTC

Here is the code.
case GridDirectionType.Left:
	while (targetCol >= 1 && !enabled)
	{
		// skip invisible and covered cells
		while (targetCol >= 1
			&& (grid.GetColWidth(targetCol) == 0
			|| gridModel.CoveredRanges.Find(targetRow, targetCol, out coveredRange)
			&& coveredRange.Left != targetCol
			)
			)
			targetCol--;

if (targetCol >= 1)
		{
			gridModel.CoveredRanges.Find(targetRow, targetCol, out coveredRange);
			style = grid.GetViewStyleInfo(coveredRange.Top, coveredRange.Left);
			enabled = style.Enabled || grid.IsDesignMode();
			style.Dispose();

// not enabled, continue search
			if (!enabled && targetCol >= 1)
				targetCol--;
		}
	}
break;
So, it does rely on covered cells heavily. If you can attach a sample project, or submit a Direct Trac support incident with a sample, we can see if we can spot something here.

JH Jan Hornych July 18, 2003 10:21 AM UTC

Thanks, it helped. My mistake was setting e.Range=null;e.Handled=true; in QueryCoveredRange event handler in case no covering was applicable for the cell. After change only to e.Handled=false; in this case, everything works fine. Thank you once more. Jan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon