We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Reset Grid

I have Grid.GridControl in which I've poplulated values, set formats etc. I'd like to reset the grid with entirely new values and different formats programmatically. I've tried a few things and could dispose of the control and add a new one, but is there a way to cleanly clear the grid and re-use the object that I've missed?

3 Replies

SH Stefan Hoenig Syncfusion Team July 11, 2002 12:12 AM UTC

> I have Grid.GridControl in which I've poplulated values, set formats etc. > > I'd like to reset the grid with entirely new values and different formats programmatically. > > I've tried a few things and could dispose of the control and add a new one, but is there a way to cleanly clear the grid and re-use the object that I've missed? > One easy way is to set row and column count to zero, as for example: gridControl1.RowCount = 0; gridControl1.ColCount = 0; After that set new row and column count and populate the grid. - Or - You simply attach a new data object: gridControl1.Data = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridData(); gridControl1.UpdateScrollBars(); Stefan Hoenig

SH Sam Horton July 11, 2002 10:07 AM UTC

> > I have Grid.GridControl in which I've poplulated values, set formats etc. > > > > I'd like to reset the grid with entirely new values and different formats programmatically. > > > > I've tried a few things and could dispose of the control and add a new one, but is there a way to cleanly clear the grid and re-use the object that I've missed? > > > > One easy way is to set row and column count to zero, as for example: > > gridControl1.RowCount = 0; > gridControl1.ColCount = 0; > > After that set new row and column count and populate the grid. > > - Or - > > You simply attach a new data object: > > gridControl1.Data = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridData(); > gridControl1.UpdateScrollBars(); > > Stefan Hoenig Thank you Stefan! I ended up having to clear a few things specific to the app as well to get the right behavior: Me.Grid.ReadOnly = False Me.Grid.Cols.RestoreFrozen() Me.Grid.ColCount = 0 Me.Grid.RowCount = 0 . . [re-populate] . Me.Grid.Refresh() What task does the command gridControl1.UpdateScrollBars() perform which helps the process? I'm curious....

SH Stefan Hoenig Syncfusion Team July 11, 2002 02:25 PM UTC

It just updates the scroll range information for the scrollbars and hides/shows scrollbars if necessary. This is necessary because when the data object is assigned, the view isnot refreshed and scrollbars would be out of sync. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon