We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Duplicating MSOffice toolbar recently used button behavior

In Microsoft Office (and a lot of other apps) when you have a hidden toolbar button and you use the drop down to click on it, the button afterwards becomes a visible item. The application seems to make sure that items used recently are the ones visible in the toolbar (when space is an issue).

I am using XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager (version 3.201) and cannot find a way of doing this. There is "IsRecentlyUsedItem" and "UsePartialMenus" properties but they seem to apply only to menus (not toolbars). Does anybody know how to do this?

6 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team March 9, 2007 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

This is possible with our Syncfusion MainFrameBarManager. You simply add AllowQuickCustomizing BarStyle to the coresponding ToolBar. This will do the need. Please try this and let me know if it helps you.

Here is the code snippet

this.bar2.BarStyle = ((Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarStyle)((((Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarStyle.AllowQuickCustomizing | Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarStyle.RotateWhenVertical)
| Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarStyle.Visible)
| Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarStyle.DrawDragBorder)));

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 09:37 PM UTC

"AllowQuickCustomizing" seems to just allow you to customize the toolbar manually. What I meant was a way to automatically have the toolbar be customized by actual usage.

You click on a hidden button to actually run the action, then it now one of the visible button in the toolbar. So, the next time you don't have to click the drop down to find the button.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 11:17 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

Could you please set the property AutoPersistCustomization of MainFrameBarManager class to true? This will save and load the Toolbar customization automatically. Please try this and let me know if it helps you.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2007 07:55 PM UTC

This automatically reloads manual customizations. But that is *not* what I am trying to do. I am trying to duplicate MSOffice toolbar behavior for recently used buttons.

For example, Open MSWord and turn on all the toolbars. A lot of the buttons are hidden since they do not fit. But the buttons are still needed to format your document. When you click on a hidden button (says "center justify") that button is now visible *automatically*. You didn't have to manually customize it to say hide the others so the one I last used is shown.

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team March 28, 2007 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Steve,
I could understand your requirement. Currently XPToolbar not support this future. However I have opened a future request for this recently used items concept in XPToolBar

We will try our very best to address the same with high priority.

Thanks,
Venugopal M.

JA JayaLakshmi Syncfusion Team June 23, 2007 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Steve,

Could you please refer the video file and let me know if this is what you needed.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Video_2e542a3.zip

The attached video file displays the hidden button automatically when you click on the hidden button using 'Add or Remove buttons'.

Kindly let me know if I misunderstood your requirement.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon