We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chart Host Control splitter bar and visible data

Hi,
V4.4.0.51 & VS2003

In your Syncfusion sample:
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\windows\Chart.Windows\Samples\Chart Host Controls\ChartTableSample\cs

It demos adding a grid control to the chartcontrol. That is great. I need to add two functions to it:

1. How can I add a spliter bar between the grid control and chart area so that I can change the grid size by drag the spliter bar? Is there any built-in spliter bar for that?
2. The grid has scrollbar to let you view all data. but when you 'Export Image' or 'Print', it only got the visible rows in the grid. How can I export or print all grid rows? any built-in function for that?

Lan

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 7, 2007 10:07 PM UTC

Hi Lan,

There is no build-in splitter bar in chart control. However I have found the alternate workaround for this issue. Please have a look at this sample attached below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F57563/main.htm

In my sample, I have resized the grid control at run time using the mouse move event of the grid control.

Please look at our sample and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Rajesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2007 07:57 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh,
Your sample is great.

I got one more question for you.
In your sample, when you click the grid border to resize it, it easily happens to drag the grid into 'Floating' position. I want to the grid always to stay at top, don't allow to drag it the floating or borrom. How can I do it? Is there built-in property in the this.chartControl1.DockingManager?

Thanks for help.

Lan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2007 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Lan,

Please try to set DockingFree property as false. Please refer to the following code snippet.

[C#]
this.chartDockControl1.DockingFree = false;
this.chartDockControl1.Dock = DockStyle.None;

Please let me know if this code snippet helps you.

Regards,
Rajesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 02:29 PM UTC

Hi,
V4.4.0.51 & VS2003
I tried your code, got compile error:
C:\PMA\STN.PMA.UL\frmGraph.cs(102): 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl' does not contain a definition for 'DockingFree'.

Lan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 14, 2007 01:23 AM UTC

Hi Lan,

Thanks for your update.

We are working on this and will let you know the alternative approach for doing this in two days.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Rajesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon