We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewNode ID

Hi

I'm having problems with accessing a property in javascript. What I want to do is to use the TreeViewNode ID property instead of the TEXT property show the popupmenu, as shown in the Samples.

So instead of doing:

"Aspx page"

".js file"
function NodeOnContextMenu( oItemData )
{
var bShowMenu = false;
var oEvent = oItemData.Event;

switch( oItemData.Text )
{
case "Text"

I want to access the id property in javascript:

"Aspx page"

".js file"
function NodeOnContextMenu( oItemData )
{
var bShowMenu = false;
var oEvent = oItemData.Event;

switch( oItemData.ID )
{
case "ID"
How do i accomplish this?

2 Replies

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 2, 2007 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

I am able to reproduce the issue. The TreeViewNodeId gets retrieved on the ClientSide in the 'HTMLId' format. The 'HTMLId format' are generated during the rendering of the control. For e.g. TreeViewNodeId 'InboxId' is available on the ClientSide as 'TreeView1_I3'. Here 'TreeView1_I3' is the id set to the 'Inbox' node at the design time. Actually the 'TreeView1_I3' has to be overridden by 'InboxId'.

This issue has been identified as a bug and has been internally escalated. We will provide a fix time line within 2 business days.

Meanwhile the below link is a work around sample, which may help you to resolve the issue.

I have passed the 'TreeViewNodeId' as an attribute to the 'ClientOnItemSelect' function, which holds the Id value as a global value. This global value can be used in the 'ClientSideOnContextMenu' function , so that the Context Menu gets displayed on the TreeView Node based on its Id.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/4.4.0.51/F57330/main.htm

Please try running the sample and let me know about if you need more assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Valli

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

This defect has been forwarded to our developers. We will update you with the fix for this issue on or before April4th, 2007. You can keep track of the progess of the defect from the below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3756

Thanks & Regards,
Sharmila

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon