We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Steps to merge data in cells

It might be simple but I haven't found any simple guide about mergind data in a grid. Could you please provide a list of steps for merging data in a GridDataBoundGrid? I tried the following but it didn't work. 1) enabling merge option in grid gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Options.MergeCellsMode = GridMergeCellsMode.MergeRowsInColumn; 2) declaring column to be merged gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns[3].StyleInfo.MergeCell = GridMergeCellDirection.ColumnsInRow; Do I have to work around any specific event? TIA Jose.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2003 06:05 AM UTC

Try gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns[3].StyleInfo.MergeCell = GridMergeCellDirection.RowsInColumn; if you want to merge cells vertically. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 15, 2003 09:53 AM UTC

Hello Stefan, I did the change but now a NullReferenceException is being thrown by Grid.GridModelMergeCells.Find Any ideas? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 15, 2003 10:12 AM UTC

> Hello Stefan, > > I did the change but now a NullReferenceException is being thrown by Grid.GridModelMergeCells.Find > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > For some reason, after I change the GridModel Options (this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Options.MergeCellsMode = GridMergeCellsMode.BeforeDisplayCalculation|GridMergeCellsMode.MergeRowsInColumn;), there is no exception and it is showing up properly. Now, if I click on any of the merged cells I still see the value underneath. How can I hide those merged cell values? or better, Why the merge operation does not create only one cell merging all data values accordingly? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 15, 2003 10:39 AM UTC

You can avoid the cell to start editing and showing a value when clicked on by setting the celltype to static. gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns[3].StyleInfo.CellType = "Static"; If you want it to be a single cell, then you probably should use CoveredCells instead of MergeCells. You can handle the QueryCoverdRange event and dynamically provide the range at that point.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon