We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

resx error messages

Seemingly out of the clear blue sky I'm getting some odd messages. I've been upgraded to 1.6 for a week or so - and last night after doing a Rebuild Solution, I get theses errors.. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." (shows this 3 times) "Error reading resources from the resource file for the default culture: Invalid ResX input." "C:\Data\ISR\dotnet development\Stars24k\Stars24k\frmCustomerAddress_Edit.resx Resource transformation for file 'frmCustomerAddress_Edit.resx' failed. Cannot find the assembly Syncfusion.Grid, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae4e43f0df2d735." Also got the message.. "C:\Data\ISR\dotnet development\Stars24k\Stars24k\licenses.licx Could not transform licenses file 'licenses.licx' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MaskedEditBox, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae4e43f0df2d735'"

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2003 12:18 PM UTC

There is a tool regenresx (under the Migration folder) that you could run for the resx file to make sure any dependencies on earlier dlls are upgraded. Stefan

TL Tom Langer July 14, 2003 06:29 PM UTC

I copied the bad form.resx into the migration/ResX directory (so they are all together), and ran: regenresx frmCustomerAddress_Edit.resx.old frmCustomerAddress_Edit.resx and it fails with: LOG: Publisher policy file is not found. LOG: Host configuration file not found. LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINXP\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0 .3705\config\machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: Syncfusion.Grid, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, P ublicKeyToken=5ae4e43f0df2d735 LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Syncfusion/Essentia l Suite/Migration/ResX/Syncfusion.Grid.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Syncfusion/Essentia l Suite/Migration/ResX/Syncfusion.Grid/Syncfusion.Grid.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Syncfusion/Essentia l Suite/Migration/ResX/Syncfusion.Grid.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Syncfusion/Essentia l Suite/Migration/ResX/Syncfusion.Grid/Syncfusion.Grid.EXE. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.ParseXml(XmlReader reader) at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.EnsureResData() at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.GetEnumerator() at Foo.Main(String[] args) If you know offhand why this is happening, cool - if not, I'll just re-add the grid and take the few minutes to put all the settings back in there..

TL Tom Langer July 14, 2003 06:39 PM UTC

ok - the above problem is fixed (I redid the grid).. One last problem though: C:\Data\ISR\dotnet development\Stars24k\Stars24k\licenses.licx Could not transform licenses file 'licenses.licx' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MaskedEditBox, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae4e43f0df2d735'

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 14, 2003 06:53 PM UTC

Hi, You could just remove the Syncfusion entries in the license.licx file as we do not need it (no verification during runtime). Regards, Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2003 01:37 PM UTC

The exact same thing just happened to me: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." "Error reading resources from the resource file for the default culture: Invalid ResX input." I even tried rolling back a version for the .cs and .resx and still get the same error message. Deleting the grid makes the error go away. Of course I did quite a few tweaks in the designer so now I have no idea of everything that was changed. Any idea what is causing this error???

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2003 03:21 PM UTC

The resx files have explicit dependencies on the library version that was used. So, when you upgrade to a different version number, these dependencies have to be updated. There is a .NET tool, regenresx, a copy of which you can find in Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Migration\ResX that does this update for you. You can read about the usage of this tool in the readme.txt file found in the same folder. Does running this tool take care of this problem for you?

GL Gavin Lambert January 8, 2004 06:11 PM UTC

It certainly didn''t for me -- the config file for regenresx that comes with 1.6.1.8 references version 2.0.something, which naturally doesn''t exist. After correcting the config file, I still got errors similar to the above, saying things like: System.ArgumentException: Invalid ResX input. ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridIndexDictionary, Syncfusion.Grid, Version=1.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89. So for now it looks like I''m going to have to go the delete-everything-in-sight route...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2004 09:01 PM UTC

You made the lines in the config file look like: And that did not work. Did the regenresx.exe give any error or anything? Can you attach one of the problem resx files?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 9, 2004 12:43 PM UTC

The line dd not show up. Here it is again without the html tags. bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.5.0.0-1.6.1.7" newVersion="1.6.1.8"

EJ Erik Jensen January 12, 2004 03:12 PM UTC

I have syncfusion 1.6.1.8 and after first modifying the .config file for the regenresx to change my resx to 1.6.1.8 instead of 2.x I ran it on my forms resx file.. however, after, upon compilation, I still see resource transformation failed. any thoughts?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 23, 2004 10:39 AM UTC

Here is a link to a new KB that has a new tool to handle the required conversions. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10370

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon