We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Two questions need help (Sort GridControl data and Combobox in GridList).

Hi I have two questions about the GridControl and GridListControl. 1. Does GridListControl or GridControl provide sorting function? If it does then how to do it? I am trying to create a rich apperance List and need the same sorting function as click the header of ListView. 2. Does ComboBox cell type only apply on GridControl? Can I use it on GridListControl? And How to do it? Anyone's help is appreciate. James

1 Reply

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team July 14, 2002 05:31 PM UTC

1) As of the RC2 release of Essential Suite, only GridDataBoundGrid has built in sorting. There is a good chance that before the final 1.0 release, sorting will be supported for the GridControl. Right now, to sort in a GridControl, you have to implement the code yourself. If you submit a Direct-Trac incident, we can forward you a sample of how you might do this. 2) If you want to use a combobox in a GridListControl, that suggests you want to make your listcontrol editable. And a GridListControl does not support editing per se. If you need some type of editable list control, then I would suggest you use a GridControl, and make the GridControl work like the GridListControl with respect to selecting the whole row when you click on it. In the RC2 release, there is a sample named HighlightCurrentRow that does this. If you use this sample code, you have the feel of a GridListControl in a GridControl where you can edit cells and thus use comboboxes. Now if you want to place a combobox in a cell in a GridListControl, then you can do it in a virtual manner, by catching the GridListControl.Grid.QueryCellInfo event, and providing the combobox CellType for the desired cells. But again, I don't know how you would click such a combobox to change anything in a GridListControl.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon