We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Document Measurement Scale and Formatting Questions

I'm creating a new Word document from a template. When I try to set the IParagraphStyle using
the following:

IParagraphStyle defaultstyle = null;
defaultstyle.ParagraphFormat.Tabs.AddTab(1.0f);
defaultstyle.ParagraphFormat.Tabs.AddTab(2.0f);

I have assumed that the measurement scale for the document is inches since I not be
able to determine the measurement scale nor find anything in the document which tells me
how to set the measurement scale.

When I insert text like this:

paragraph.appendtext("xx\tzz");

The text appears as:

xx zz

No tab spacing.

When I use the following instead of the IParagraphStyle:

section.PageSetup.AutoTabLength = 36.0f;

and insert the text the same way, it looks like this:

xx zz

So, which method is the proper way to insert tabs? How do I determine the
document measurement scale? Inches, Centimeters, etc.?

Is the any better documentation available on this subject? I have read the help text and read all the
code in the DocIO samples. I'm working on a very complex document writer which used MS Word and advanced document
formatting capabilities to create the documents. I'm trying to convert the Word automation calls in to DocIO functions.
I have many more questions about DocIO and how to do advanced formatting that is not in the documentation and the samples.
Where do I get the information? For example:

I have a footer where I replace a string "" with value "Docket Code 109" using statement
genDocument.Replace("<" + Name + ">", strText, true, true); where Name="Docket" and strText"Docket Code 109". The replaced
text appears in the footer it looks Ok if the firstfooter attribute is turned on but it isn't then the text will always
have an \r in front of it. I have looked at template and the footer and everything looks ok, no preceding puncutation, the template
attributes look normal and so does the footer. How can I determine if this is a DocIO problem, a problem with the document template
or the footer itself?

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 12, 2007 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your interest in Essential DocIO.

1) Tab:
------

I am afraid. I was not able to reproduce the issue. Here is the test sample that I used to test this issue.

Header.zip

Could you please take a look at the sample above and kindly let me know if you still find any problem, if not could you please modify this sample so that I can reproduce the issue. This would help me in investigating this issue further.

2) The measurement scale for the documents is defined in terms of points.

3) Footer:
--------

I created a sample with footer and replaced by using your code snippet. But I was not able to reproduce the issue. Here is the test sample that I used to test this issue.

Header.zip

Could you please take a look at the sample above and kindly let me know if you still find any problem, if not could you please modify this sample so that I can reproduce the issue. This would help me in investigating this issue further.

Please take a look and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon