We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Table doesn't have primary key.....

When i find a row it says "Table doesn't have primary key", but the primary key is defined in database. Data is ok. Connection is ok(i.e. connecting to proper database). If IsNumeric(txtCatID.Text) Then Dim r As DataRow r = VipCls.dS_Class.Tables ("e_Category").Rows.Find(txtCatID.Text) Cmb_SubCategoryOf.Text = r.Item("Category_Name") End If Subcategory_id is defined as PK.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 16, 2002 05:38 AM UTC

> When i find a row it says > "Table doesn't have primary key", but the primary key is defined in database. This is a reason! PK defined in the DB! But DataGrid knows nothing about real source of data. So u have to define PK in the DataTable manually. This is a short example: // create PK DataSet dataSet = (DataSet)theGrid.DataSource; DataTable table = dataSet.Tables[theGrid.DataMember]; DataColumn[] keys = { table.Columns["ID"] }; table.PrimaryKey = keys; Now u can search. With best regards, Michael.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon